United in the faith that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, revealed in history, disclosed in the Scriptures, and experienced in human life, we, the people of Oakland Baptist Church, do solemnly and joyfully make this Covenant together:
- We will be faithful to the public worship of God, gathering as the Body of Believers to celebrate God’s glory and remember God’s grace.
- We will take seriously the responsibility and privilege of personal Christian growth, diligently seeking to establish and maintain a Christian atmosphere in our homes.
- We will love and encourage each other in the Body of Believers and admonish each other as occasion may require. Our differences will not separate us but rather increase our understanding and strengthen the bonds of Christian love.
- We will be faithful stewards, as God has prospered us, contributing our financial support for the Church and its ministries and offering ourselves for God’s work in the world.
- We will, with God’s help, so live our lives that others, seeing the joy of Christian living, may seek to know Jesus Christ our Lord.
- We will be a servant Church, recognizing the infinite worth of every person and believing that Christ has called us to active involvement in behalf of humankind.